We are nearing the end of summer which means afternoon thunderstorms, ice cold lemonade, and more time for ourselves than we have any other time of the year… While we have been absolutely swamped with life this summer (school, work, people) I still found a few moments to catch up on some personal reading. We decided to compile a list of my favorite authors to read during the summer- some new, some old. The books written by these authors are usually short, easy reads that we definitely did not want to put down.
- Jane Austen (Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility)
- Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club, Lullaby, Survivior, Invisible Monsters)
- Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -Millenium Series)
- Rainbow Rowell (FanGirl, Eleanor & Park, Landline)
- Ernest Cline (Ready Player One)
- John Green (Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, An Abundance of Katherines)
- J.K. Rowling (Re-Read that classic series)
- Lauren Conrad (L.A. Candy)
- Jenny Han (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, P.S. I Still Love You)
- E. Lockhart (We Were Liars)
The great thing about these authors is you can obviously read their works anytime. Summer may be ending soon, but fall is just around the corner. Hello pumpkin spice everything, chunky sweaters, and perfectly cozy reading weather!