It’s Sunday and we’re feeling nostalgic! We decided to bring back a bit of our past and laugh about it…. or cry. Or both.
We’re 99% sure the 90s / early 2000s was the worst era for fashion and trust us when we say we’ve not only lived through it but we participated. We are guilty consumers of these terrible fashion styles. Alex with her popcorn shirts and Whitney with her neon Limited TOO outfits……….Now, normally we would include personal pictures so we can all have a good laugh, but for the sake of our reputation we will not be using our own pictures… We’ve googled some pretty awesome examples, but let’s be real. You yourself can reach deep into your memory & recall some of these style trends we can’t believe our parents allowed us to walk out of the house in….
Here are some style trends we really, really don’t want coming back:
- Mini skirt over jeans (think Juno)
- Dresses over jeans
- Really anything too long over jeans….
- Wearing jeans but rolling them up to your knees (or was this just a thing weird thing we did in Florida because it was a billion degrees…regardless, leave it in the past)
- Platform sneakers
- Tripp pants circa early emo stages of the early 2000s
- Camo tight fitting everything
- Butterfly hair clips
- Neon scrunchies
- Popcorn shirts… especially the tube top ones (Whitney had one…. Alex had three)
- Anything and everything fishnet
- Super low cut pants (We’re looking at you Abercrombie….)
- Layering tank tops
- Patterned tank tops with button down blouses worn over unbuttoned as a jacket (confusing? exactly….)
- Gauchos (Have you noticed that the pants were definitely no good between 1990-2010?)
- Velour Track Suits
- Really anything from Limited Too…. (except those sweet neon tiger pjs Whitney wore all the time….)
While we absolutely loved the 90s and we are proud 90s kids, we like to turn a blind eye to our wonderfully terrible fashion choices. Were you once a victim of any of these fashion disasters? Share your horror fashion story below!
(img credit: google images)