Those who know me know I am an enormous fan of “Netflix and Chill” and I don’t mean the questionable version popular today. I mean, watching Netflix… and chilling. Typically alone… by myself… how I like it. I’m literally sitting here as I type this watching Netflix (Hart of Dixie—a cute and quirky show about a NYC doctor who moves to southern Alabama to do General Practice, it’s a guilty pleasure) and eating chocolate frosting from the tin. With the world of TV shows and movies all being offered at our fingertips online, it can be overwhelming to try and pick out what to watch from time to time. Believe me, I have even stooped to the level of posting Facebook statuses requesting suggestions of what to watch (don’t do this, it 9 out of 10 times will leave you disappointed). So here’s to me hoping you might not be stuck with suggestions from people who don’t know what you really want to watch. I’m giving you the most important list I have in my possession.
WARNING this list will most likely contain similar options as provided on Whitney’s list due to the fact that we piggyback off of each other for Netflix watching.
- Grey’s Anatomy – honestly, anything Shondaland comes out with is a must, but I have probably seen Grey’s about 9 times.
- Gilmore Girls – this show gives me life, even though I own the box set on DVD, I was still overjoyed about its entrance to the Netflix community
- One Tree Hill – who doesn’t love them some Naley?
- Friends – we all have had dreams of living in NYC with a few of your closest friends living life and just drinking coffee, just admit it.
- How I Met Your Mother – and if we haven’t had the aforementioned dream of drinking coffee with our friends in NYC, we have had them drinking but with drinking at our regular bar in NYC.
- Hart of Dixie – Just scroll up and re-read what I said. It’s cute. I promise.
- Law and Order: SVU – this does not require an explanation because… Best. Show. Ever.
- The IT Crowd – I remember the first time I watched this was at my friends old apartment after she went to bed and I watched it with her roommate (who used to be best friends with my sister) and its one of those British shows you can just watch any random episode and love. Plus, I have a weird attraction to Richard Ayoade. Swoon.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – I might partly appreciate this show because of the amount of time I have spent in Philly and how accurate this show can be, but its so funny even if it is super crass.
- Freaks and Geeks – this show barely even existed and you end up wanting so much more but it’s a must watch. Plus young David Franco, Seth Rogan, and Jason Segel are always a love.
- Lilo & Stitch – this is one of my go to sleepy time movies or, shh, had too much wine movies. It just makes you happy and honestly it is one of Disney’s best works.
- Seeking a Friend For the End of the World – I am honestly not a huge Steve Carell, but this movie literally pulls me in so deep.
- The Paperboy – this is a bit darker than other movies,
- Shrooms – I don’t really do scary movies that well, so this is great because it’s only a mild level of scare. It probably isn’t one of the best-made movies on Netflix, but it is one of the first movies I ever watched on Netflix Watch It Now and I always see to find myself re-watching it.
- Mean Girls – let’s make fetch happen, okay? Team Gretchen Wieners here!
- Legally Blonde(1 & 2) – okay, so, I was a sorority girl with dreams of going to law school (basically up until a few months ago) so Elle Woods was basically my role model. I even decorated my graduation cap to say “What, like it’s hard?” to quote her in reference to getting into Harvard law (I will post a photo below).
- Mulan – if I have to actually explain why this movie is on this list then that will make me a sad human.
- Zoolander – sometimes we all need to be reminded that there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking.
- Rent – I actually don’t like this movie, the songs are well done, but the story line bothers me… however it is my go to sleep movie that usually puts me to bed before its halfway over. I’ve played it about 50 times so I feel obligated to put it on this list.
- Backstreet Boys: Show ‘Em What You’re Made Of – Were you a child of the 90s? Yeah? Go watch this.
It was hard to put together this list in all honesty, especially the movie one. With the TV shows, its difficult when you watch so many TV shows, however it is also difficult when Netflix removes some of your guilty favorites (I’m looking at you, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place >.>). Movies disappear even more frequently than TV shows… and, as I was fact checking my list I cannot tell you how depressed I was to learn that Dirty Dancing has been removed. Anyways, happy watching! I hope you enjoy my list!
Leave in the comments any of your Netflix favorites that might not be on this post!