This past weekend I was infected with probably the worse stomach bug ever. No seriously, I don’t get vilely sick & this weekend I almost checked myself into the ER because whatever was happening to my body was not normal. However, many saltines & hours of sleep later, I’ve emerged from near death and have come to tell you all what shows you should watch when you’re basically dying…. When you’re sick, you’re most likely so out of it you can’t really focus on deep, twisty plot so you usually binge watch a light tv show. You also don’t want a show with gross images of dead bodies or internal organs since you’re probably nauseated to start (like Grey’s Anatomy or Dexter). You probably don’t want to watch a food show (like Chopped) because you’re either not hungry, or you are hungry because all you’ve been able to keep down were saltines.
These were my go-to shows this past weekend (or anytime I feel kinda funny inside or whenever I’m reminded that heyyy I’m a woman). They are entertaining enough to keep you from being so bored because you can’t get up from the couch yet light enough that if you don’t really remember what happened 10 episodes ago, you won’t be horribly confused. So in no particular order:
- Parks and Rec – super fun, wonderful characters, gives you a few good laughs, chris pratt
- Bob’s Burgers/Archer/BoJack Horseman – adult cartoons, funny, mindless
- Gilmore Girls – classic, feel good, heartwarming, makes you want coffee
- Friends – do I even need to convince you?
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer – vampire, young Booth (Bones reference, obvi), female kicking butt
- The Office (US or UK) – bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica, Jim, Jim, even more Jim
- The IT Crowd – silly, light, British
- How I Met Your Mother – entertaining, amazing characters, may make you cry at some point or rather many points
- 30 Rock – so funny, nonsensical and amazing, tina fey
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – created by tina fey, super funny, perfect binge show
Now if you’re a little more coherent, here are some shows that require a little more attention than what would be required from a pile of blanket and crumbs on DayQuil that should have showered days ago (*ahem* me):
- Doctor Who
- House of Cards
- Law and Order: SVU
- The Following
- The Fall
- The Killing
- Marvel: Agents of Shield/Daredevil/Arrow
- The X-Files
Hopefully you can find something interesting to watch as you recover from whatever illness you have or if you’re perfectly healthy but just super bored. I will compile some other lists later since obviously I watch a lot of Netflix……….